 Technic / 15313
Re: I feel Blue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:08:49 GMT

Well i put The Rhino together on Friday

and appart from the usual blue axle pins, grey odd length axles and red 2L axles, no parts seemed to breach any standard colour rules.

One thing of mention is that the Black 3L friction pins and the Black friction pins with bushes came in the same baggies making it quite difficult to find the right part. The red friction pins with bushes were in a separate bag.

Perhaps the standard colour part rule is not to make it easier for childeren to identify parts easier as we suspected. I am beginning to believe it is not entirely for production costs either. That leaves us with the standard “We didn’t think the community would care to greatly about the change so we didn’t include them in the focus group when we testted the new colours”, or something to that effect.

I think i’ll rebuild the Rhino in Red and Blue and report back.

Steve