 Technic / 15302
Re: I feel Blue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:51:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stump Dunn wrote:

-snip-

Are you happy with Blue, Tan and Red ?

You raise many valid points. Building issues I had not considered before.
Or I knew the circumstances exsisted, but until you put them in to those words,
the points you raise make a lot of sense.

I suppose the difference in color is good to differentiate the function of the
part. ie... friction/non-friction. Understandable. Then you mention the fact
that these types of parts are best in a nuetral shade and I completely agree.

When I was teaching Robotics a few weeks ago, in one of my classes. One of the
student's robots was having trouble rolling. Until I pointed out he needed to
swap out the blue half axle pins for grey ones. (non-friction)

I was thinking that even if the friction pins were made in a neutral color (is
Tan nuetral?) like gray, then just introduce little ridges on the pin side to
differentiate them, like the old style black friction pins, they parts would
blend in to the model better, because they are a nuetral color.

Yes unless the model is blue or you really don't care, they are a tad
distracting.

Also, which is your favourite colour 8435 ?

Ironically I like the Blue one! LOL.
But that Black one is slick!

....and there are those darn blue pins!

Steve

Oh ya, the black half axle pins with friction are kinda rare....uggggg

P.S. I really like that picture of the technic plates and pin color range.

thanks