 Technic / 14590
Re: Mana Cat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:24:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
   I’m not going to finish the Mana Cat. I rather build something else.

I have to say, I’m fairly well baffled by what you were up to here, but it sure looked cool. Having been to Brickfest now, I have an appreciation for the importance of seeing MOCs in person, particularly mechs. Did you know the cockpit on Adam’s ALM-014 is rubber-band loaded, and it springs open when you release the front hatch? Well, I didn’t before, but I do now. What I’m getting at is that I think I would have needed to see the Mana Cat in action to really “get” it, I need more than just static photos for something that complicated.

I thought I’d mention, somebody (his first name is Steve) brought his version of a Little Bot to Fest, and it was the one thing in the Mecha room that Kjeld actually fiddled with on his way through.

I really really hope the pallete for the Lego Factory will eventually expand enough for you to complete designs like the Little Bot or the ZRX-1 frame, for Lego builders all over the world to buy. Imagine what MOCs we’d start to see if mech builders could start there, and then expand to larger creations without the parts constraints we deal with now! (and maybe you could order the extra Mana motor you need...)