 Technic / 14568
    Mana Cat —Eric Sophie
   I'm not going to finish the Mana Cat. I rather build something else. It was interesting to test out the leg configuration with the Mana. They actually work really well. (URL) The gearing works well and is strong. The controlability is tricky and is (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Mana Cat —Mark Neumann
     That's too bad E. I know how it is though. Many of projects sit on my bench, and I wonder if I'll ever work on them again. Usually they are dissassembled. I'll light a candle for Mana Cat. Mecha can be hard that way. WE get so far and then the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

         Re: Mana Cat —Eric Sophie
     (...) Ideas and thoughts for tomorrow. (...) Like a funeral? (...) Or a good set and cool elements. (...) Thank you for your reply. btw, where have you been? So quiet lately. e (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: Mana Cat —Soren Roberts
     (...) Sorry to hear it. It's always a little annoying when a creation doesn't work out. One thing you might want to look at for the next time is the proper anatomy of a cat, especially in the feet - your skeleton is missing a joint on each leg, and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

         Re: Mana Cat —Eric Sophie
     (...) Oh ya, I knew the feet sucked a long time ago, and they were wrong! With wrong lower limbs and feet, the Mana Cat still moved around in an interesting way. Thanks for the constructive feedback, I had to conclude the project with a overdue (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: Mana Cat —Marco Tagliaferri
     (...) I didn't think you could come into such problems while building. With your skills I thought every building related problem could be solved. Seems with the skills even the problems grow... What I saw up to now was nice to look at. It made me (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: Mana Cat —Kyle Vrieze
     (...) I have to say, I'm fairly well baffled by what you were up to here, but it sure looked cool. Having been to Brickfest now, I have an appreciation for the importance of seeing MOCs in person, particularly mechs. Did you know the cockpit on (...) (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: Mana Cat —Eric Sophie
   Thanks guys, I wanted to say, I have been avoiding LUGNET, but I'm glad I came here to read these two nice replies. There are others who only come out when there is something nasty to say. I also wanted to mention that I have been certified as an (...) (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: Mana Cat
    Congratulations Eric! Maybe this is the dawn of those outside of the hobby taking Lego seriously as a tool for creating sculptures and robots. I will admit being disappointed to see such a promising project left, but then I am still heartened to (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)