 Technic / 12010
Re: Studless Technic models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:29:12 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
Ahem http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catID=140

Okay, you got me there.  They do make TECHNIC plates.  Well, they did.  Other
than two reissued sets, they were pretty much discontinued in 1997, and with
good reason.  They have fringed ends, which have proven to be very prone to
breaking, if I'm not mistaken.  Especially when the fringed ends are attached to
studs.  And what good is it if you can construct something in a specific way if
it only works for a few times before parts start breaking?

They were perhaps a bit fragile but not that fragile.

Here's another version still in production:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/32124

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe