 Technic / 11962
Re: Studless Technic models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:53:48 GMT

Hello everybody,

This studless way of building is IMO much more complicated
and completely different when compared to traditional Lego brick
building.

True. But then, I have enough studded beams to build whichever way I want.
Therefore I welcome the addition of other types of parts to my collection.
In fact, LEGO has to come up with new cool parts in new cool models to make
me buy stuff. Yes, there are some "traditional" parts I could see buying
more of, but certainly not studded beams.

2) Have anybody tested backhoe on animals^H^H^H^H^H^H^H children? Is it
really possible that 11 years old could assemble it without problems?

Yes. My 11 year old son took about 5h for the backhoe, but I think that's
normal given the size of the model.

3) Have anybody of you tried to build studless MOC?

Not yet. And probably never will. I will probably continue to mix studded
and studless beams as I see fit, but probably with an increasing number of
studless beams, as I get more of them.

Bottom line: I like both studded and studless beams, and both are useful in
different ways. So for those unlucky enough to get into Technic just now, it
IS a pity the studded beams aren't available in current sets.

Greetings

Horst