 Space / 40878
40877  |  40879
Subject:
Classic Space Meets Belville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 07:23:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Blue Belle Space Patroller, or just “Belle” for short, is perfect for extraplanetary excursions from the ol’ moon ranch or Tritonian ice castle. She comfortably seats two, and can easily carry the goods for a nice Martian picnic, cometary ski-fest or even a nature photography outing on the extraordinary world of Rainbow’s Gold. This space ship has a nice, trans-red smile, with big, friendly-eye windscreens--she tends to bring cheer wherever she goes:

The “Space Bunny” serves as the ship’s maintenance robot, pilot, cook and all-around best friend. The Space Bunny’s laser eyes are useful for fending off meteoroid strikes, various extra-terrestrial vermin and instantly boiling water for tea. As the above photo was taken, Princess of Triton, Autumn Dawn, to the right, said, “This solar wind sure is mussing up my hare!” These bunnies are very tolerant.

Below, some of the Belle’s details are revealed. She has a powerful, ruddy headlamp to help the vehicle “see,” including in the infrared. Also bright in the visible spectrum, the light can be quite useful to the occupants, especially on low-flying nighttime excursions.

An interior detail reveals the light switch, which is built right into the dash. The seats look a bit Spartan, but they accommodate long, flowing dresses real well. Interior storage is located behind the seats. A large bank of computers provides instant information from the Belle’s myriad sensors. Plus, the computers also serve as the backup pilot in case something happens to the ever-vigilant Space Bunny. The reliability of this ship’s automation is such that hand controls are optional. The center console is a perfect place to keep the essentials, such as a cup of hot chocolate, gems and kitty chow.

This ship was inspired by my daughter, who has a bit of a Belville collection. :o)

The Belle will probably visit Brickfest 2007.

Enjoy & have a great day!

-best,

Wolf