 Space / 40280
Re: New Space Moc - Amazing Stories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 23:01:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   Here is another addition to my retro look at space.

Your ability to cross themes (or completely ignore them) is amazing. I mean that as a compliment, I hope it came out that way. You seem to have a terrific knack for sculpting whatever it is you wish to create.

   After browsing the concept gallery at CSF I was inspired to build another “ship”. The original drawing was from the science fiction cover artwork by Frank R. Paul on the Nov 1929 issue of Wonder Stories mag.

   I think this project was a perfect match for me, aside from being another fast and fun build, I got to mix my love of micro with my twisted retro space interests, and as a bonus I got to exploit an interesting artist as well.

I think I mentioned to you on Sunday that one of the aspects of this model I liked the most was the monochrome color scheme on the upper part. When you’re using parts that are all the same color you’re relying entirely upon part selection and attachment combinations to achieve the look you want. And I think you really captured the look/feel of that magazine cover.

And for the record:

That picture was my lame attempt to color match the background of my photo with your original source material. The original photo has much better color properties. :)

   and for Jason for babysitting my MOC until the next display of it.

Actually, he told me privately this this was really his MOC and that you’d just taken credit for it. Is there any truth to this?

;)

AB