 Space / 40265
40264  |  40266
Subject:
New Space Moc - Amazing Stories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 06:31:09 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Here is another addition to my retro look at space.

After browsing the concept gallery at CSF I was inspired to build another “ship”. The original drawing was from the science fiction cover artwork by Frank R. Paul on the Nov 1929 issue of Wonder Stories mag.

Full size pic found here... http://www.frankwu.com/Paul-7.html

My mspaint bad edit job...

My version, at this past weekends display in T.O.

I think this project was a perfect match for me, aside from being another fast and fun build, I got to mix my love of micro with my twisted retro space interests, and as a bonus I got to exploit an interesting artist as well.

Rest of the gallery, when moderated... here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182791

All photos that start with “CT” are credited to Calum Tsang and the ones that start with “AB” to Allan Bedford. Also thanks to Chris for giving me the remainered 14 black boat studs I needed to finish off this MOC for this past weekend show, and for Jason for babysitting my MOC until the next display of it.

Janey “Red Brick”