 Space / 39918
Re: WMD: Weapon of Moonbase Defense
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 18:52:45 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner wrote:
   As seen at NWBrickCon 2005:

The WMD is a moonbase module that features cannons that really fire, controlled wirelessly using a Mana unit. It rotates, elevates, and shoots 4 Technic arrows.

Special thanks to David Wegmuller for his help!

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

Although the design itself is rather spartan, and dare I say, a bit bland, that video of the WMD in action is awesome!

I’d love to see a bigger, sleeker version of this. I think you could make the turret a whole lot cooler by mimicking some present day tank turret designs. You could even make a frying-pan type turret (like most Russian tanks have) by radially arranging wing pieces. I did this recently for this mecha.

Heh, I still can’t get over that video. It’s so cool to see an MOC that actually works!

Mladen Pejic