 Space / 39927
Re: WMD: Weapon of Moonbase Defense
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:30:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner wrote:
   As seen at NWBrickCon 2005:

The WMD is a moonbase module that features cannons that really fire, controlled wirelessly using a Mana unit. It rotates, elevates, and shoots 4 Technic arrows.

Special thanks to David Wegmuller for his help!

Although the design itself is rather spartan, and dare I say, a bit bland, that video of the WMD in action is awesome!

I’ll admit that it isn’t very pretty. But it’s a big step up from the prototype. Here’s a shot of it just after I got it working. This version uses Znap flex shafts in a couple of places. Ew.
WMD Prototype

   I’d love to see a bigger, sleeker version of this. I think you could make the turret a whole lot cooler by mimicking some present day tank turret designs. You could even make a frying-pan type turret (like most Russian tanks have) by radially arranging wing pieces. I did this recently for this mecha.

Heh, I still can’t get over that video. It’s so cool to see an MOC that actually works!

I love the loooooong barrels you put on your tanks. Neat stuff here. I’m thinking of doing another version, so I’ll definitely keep this in mind. It would definitely be nice if I could make it look better.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com