 Space / 37548
Subject:
SPARTAN MK 1 My entry for the Military Hover-Vehicle Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 03:11:10 GMT

Hello.
  The SPARTAN MK 1 is a surface effect, heavily armed, lightly armored air
defense artillery platform.  It is armed with two nose mounted auto grenade
launchers, four 30mm auto cannon, 18 guided surface to surface missiles, four
air defense missiles, and standard smoke projectors.  It carries one full reload
for all weapons and is self loading.  Fire control is augmented by both LRAD and
SRAD radar systems.  Please view it at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MRutherford

  I am in the process of trying to figure out the whole MOCPages thing, and will
post when my page is up.

  I have been delighted by all the cool entries for this contest, and hope that
this entry will contribute to everyone else’s enjoyment.

Attack!
Mike

Re: SPARTAN MK 1 My entry for the Military Hover-Vehicle Contest
In lugnet.space, Michael Rutherford wrote:
Hello.
  The SPARTAN MK 1 is a surface effect, heavily armed, lightly armored air
defense artillery platform.  It is armed with two nose mounted auto grenade
launchers, four 30mm auto cannon, 18 guided surface to surface missiles, four
air defense missiles, and standard smoke projectors.  It carries one full reload
for all weapons and is self loading.  Fire control is augmented by both LRAD and
SRAD radar systems.  Please view it at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MRutherford

I find your moc to be both grotesque and arabesque....a chilling look at a
possible future...I paid for the whole seat, but I only needed the edge.

  I am in the process of trying to figure out the whole MOCPages thing, and will
post when my page is up.

You are an idiot, and your Spartan has to be the worst entry yet.  Stay away
from MOCPages, we don't want your kind there.  You types with your fancy hats
and protractors.

  I have been delighted by all the cool entries for this contest, and hope that
this entry will contribute to everyone else’s enjoyment.

I bet 2000 quatloos on the newcomer.

-Keith

[...]

Don't mind Keith, Michael. he's just feeling threatened by the sudden arrival of
somebody who could threaten his stranglehold on the grey-brick military MOC
market.

it's an awesome creation, though. and I'm still trying to work out exactly how
you've got it hovering...

good luck
-Anthony

Re: SPARTAN MK 1 My entry for the Military Hover-Vehicle Contest