 Space / 36212
Re: Exploration Drill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:03:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nick Kappatos wrote:
   Submitted for your approval, a MOC that’s been around for a while, but never posted:

Originally built for Scibrick displays last November, the drill was never in my possesion long enough for photography. I’ve had it for about 4 months now, and here we are.

This was built with playability in mind. The cabin is composed mostly of old-style hinge 4x4 plates, which can be flipped open for fig-manipulation. The boom raises into place, and the drill shaft can extend a bit, about 1.5x the height of the cabin.

In most mining & exploration activities, earthbound or not, various drills are used for core sampling & production blasting. Here we see the drill chipping away at Teddy Welsh’s Lunar Cheese Mine, which proves that cutting the cheese doesn’t always involve explosions.

As always, PLMKWYT - I live for your approval.
Nick Kappatos
Notable Playboy
Cat lover

I like the extending drill. I think it’s a pretty good design, and it incorporates more playability than Fradel’s mom.

-Dan Rubin