 Space / 35814
Re: Jade Empire Hong Hovertank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris McNamee wrote:
   OH...WOW! That thing is awesome! I was curious as to what a Jade Empire ground vehicle might look like, and I think you built something that perfectly grasps the essence of a machine of war built solely for destruction. And on top of that, it’s a very original design, and also encompasses everything the JE should have, you know, green cramped cockpit, dino tails, etc. It looks like a tank that would fit well in an urban setting, dishing out punishment from all five cannons in five different directions, not something you’d want to see rounding a corner. My favorite part are the three main turrets, they just look built for business, no messing around.

On a small note, the dino tails seem kinda stuck on, not as stuck on as say out of place, just stuck there. I think some upturned ones around the main turret would look good, but that’s just me.

Another beautiful MOC!

Chris McNamee

There’s many more designs to be created for Jade Empire ground forces; this is just one idea, in my personal building style! :) If you or any number of other JE builders (or even new builders to the theme) took a stab at the concept, we’d have a large variety of styles and vehicles.

I’m working on some effects pictures of the tank in a couple action scenes, you can see those on Brickshelf in the next few days.

Your eye for detail is right on: those dino tails were just about the last thing I worked on for this moc. I thought I worked out the tacked-on-ednessness feel of the tails, but guess I didn’t :) I might change them someday but for now they’ll do.

Thanks for commenting :)

--Ry