 Space / 35605
Re: Announcing: Tim and Kevin's Bot Contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:39:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.space, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:
Hello, Tim Deering and I are hosting a bot contest.  All are welcome to
enter.

Go <http://www.livethenow.com/neutron/bot/bot.html here> for the rules!

If more people enter, it will not change the likelyhood of us giving out
prizes.

Remember: A bot is a bot, but a mecha is not!

Congratulations on a fun contest!

I find it interesting that you get to define Bot without even asking the
robotics newsgroup.  I didn't see any "Bots" that were actually robots.  Why > are "mecha" not bots?

I can't believe that a Kevin would question another Kevin!  Simply crazy.
But to answer your questions...

Is this a Bot?

http://www.kclague.net/robo-hominid/P1220099_1.jpg

No.

Is this?

http://www.kclague.net/at-st/P2210167_cropped.jpg

No.

How about this?

http://www.kclague.net/maniac/P3110315_cropped.jpg

No.

They each involve the RCX, an official LEGO robotics part.  Doesn't that mean
they are Bots?

No.

~Kevin Kevoh Kevvy Blocksidge