 Space / 34707
Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:26:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   This moc is loosely based on concept art of Count Dooku’s Solar Sailer in the “Art of Episode II: Attack of the Clones” book.

snip

A MOC really makes an impression on me when it’s from a genre I don’t usually go for, but it wins me over anyway. Usually Star Wars MOCs aren’t my favorite because the guns and engines are too small and they lack giant missile launcher packs (too much anime influence, it’s a sickness). But your Solar Sailer is very well executed. I think it’s that all the parts are integrated into the shape and function, and nothing looks tacked-on. I like the two Imperial Shuttle canopies, too, although you could maybe get a more rounded look with a pair of Jango Fett Slave I canopies. Then again, that’s been done many times. Nice work as usual, Ryan!