 Space / 34607

Subject:
Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:14:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Brickshelf gallery, when moderated.

This moc is loosely based on concept art of Count Dooku’s Solar Sailer in the “Art of Episode II: Attack of the Clones” book.

The size and final design of this moc were restricted by my parts collection, which has been diminished by recent mocs. Someday I’d love to build an even larger UCS version, with a fully-developed interior. I’m still working on a decent sail design, as well as a way to support the moc in a display setting. Vertically-oriented mocs are a lot of trouble, as I learned, because string, tall mocs, and wind are a recipe for disaster.

Here’s some deep links:
Dooku chilling in his posh recliner, sipping some tea.
Looking straight at the craft.
Showing off some greeblies on the rear, including the maneuvering thrusters on the sides.
Me alongside the completed moc during photography. I like to call this the “Lenny Shot”.

Please take some time to check it out on Brickshelf (after moderation). I’ll post a mocpage soon with lots of boring and unnecessary jibba-jabba.

--Ryan W.

Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer