 Space / 34607
  Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

(URL) Brickshelf gallery>, when moderated. (URL) This moc is loosely based on concept art of Count Dooku's Solar Sailer in the "Art of Episode II: Attack of the Clones" book. The size and final design of this moc were restricted by my parts (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

Whoops, I forgot to state that this moc is an entry in (URL) the Fleebnork Civilian Space MOC contest>, as well as the (URL) FBTB Alternatives Contest A>. Two birds with one stone. --Ryan W. (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

(...) Very cool. Nice greebles and so forth. The curved shape is well created, but the 4 solar viens going directly up and directly down break the illusion of the gradual curve, making it look like a flat plane with slopes on the front. I might be (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

Thats a great looking moc Ryan, all spiny and crustacean-like. Actually I think it looks better than the concept art, with or without the actual sail. Come on...resist the pacifist competition an put some guns on her. You continue to be both the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

(...) The supports for the sail cables that go straight up and down actually aren't supposed to do that. They clicked out of place and I forgot to fix them before taking pics. You can see in (URL) shot> that they have the ability to click backwards (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

(...) Thanks for the words, Keith. I'm glad you like it. I'm getting a little bit of flack from a place whose forum banner is pronounced like a raspberry (/me steals line from Tom McD.) for the shape not being curvy enough, but I wasn't going for a (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

Aaaand here's (URL) MOCpage>, a couple days late. Sorry for the extra post. --Ryan W. (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

Pardon my interweb suckiness, I'm an idiot. Here's (URL) the correct link> --Ryan W. (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

(...) snip A MOC really makes an impression on me when it's from a genre I don't usually go for, but it wins me over anyway. Usually Star Wars MOCs aren't my favorite because the guns and engines are too small and they lack giant missile launcher (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars Concept MOC: Solar Sailer

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote: Snip (...) I've taken some time for sure, and it's been well spent. This is great stuff Ryan, and I look forward to seeing where you take it from here. It'll help to have those spines angled, but the linear effect (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)