 Space / 30917
Re: Crimson Skies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:21:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Andrew Engstrom wrote:
   Hi all

I’ve seen Crimson Skies posted to .space before, so I thought I’d see what you all think. (also post to .military)

I’m glad you feel inspired to build Crimson Skies.

However, one of the tenets of the Crimson Skies style is that the planes are sort of futuristically shaped, yet in a 1942 style. So they do a lot of rearranging of common aircraft elements from the era.

To be honest, your plane looks good, but it looks like your average airplane. It doesn’t really say Crimson Skies to me.

$.02

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Wow, the GA himself! Still posting from the barrel in your cell?

Thanks for the reply. But I think I’d disagree on that point--many of the planes in the game are just regular planes (I bought the game to see what all the hype was about). For example, the Coyote, Brigand, and Dust Devil are all conventionally configured.

Now, with that said, I do agree that it’s just your Average Joe plane. Just a study into the field, really. But I thought it turned out well enough to present to the community.

Thanks again for the reply. And don’t worry, GA, we’re on our way...
-Andrew