 Space / 2388
Subject:
Space Contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 20:25:21 GMT

Ok, everyone... I'd like to organize a contest for creating non-military
Space vehicles. The first thing I need to do is come up with categories.

Here are the ones I can think of:

Personal -  Space Cars, Family vehicles, etc.

Commercial - Moving vans, shuttles, FedEx vans, freighters

Service - Police, Medical, Sanitation, etc.

I figure I'd have minifig and microfig scale for each category, and then
one single overall winner.

Sound good? Do I need more categories?

LMKWYT,

~Mark

Re: Space Contest!
Ok, everyone... I'd like to organize a contest for creating
non-military Space vehicles. The first thing I need to do i
come up with categories.

Here are the ones I can think of:

Personal -  Space Cars, Family vehicles, etc.
Commercial - Moving vans, shuttles, FedEx vans, freighters
Service - Police, Medical, Sanitation, etc.

Sounds great!  I'd love to see lots of people enter a contest like
this--great opportunity for lots of small unique models.  (Well, I doubt
a freighter would be small, but the rest would probably be smaller than
most other space fighters, capital ships, etc.)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht................BramL@JUNO.com
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/

Re: Space Contest!
Ok, everyone... I'd like to organize a contest for creating non-military
Space vehicles. The first thing I need to do is come up with categories.

Here are the ones I can think of:

Personal -  Space Cars, Family vehicles, etc.

Commercial - Moving vans, shuttles, FedEx vans, freighters

Service - Police, Medical, Sanitation, etc.

I figure I'd have minifig and microfig scale for each category, and then
one single overall winner.

Sound good? Do I need more categories?

LMKWYT

Those sound great.. the only other thing might be an "Other" catagory, one
that features anything else that is undeniably non-military. And it might be a
catch-all category for anything remaining or else there's too many categories.

Now... what to build? :-)

-Tom McD.

Re: Space Contest!
Ok, everyone... I'd like to organize a contest for creating non-military
Space vehicles. The first thing I need to do is come up with categories.

Here are the ones I can think of:

Personal -  Space Cars, Family vehicles, etc.

Commercial - Moving vans, shuttles, FedEx vans, freighters

Service - Police, Medical, Sanitation, etc.

I figure I'd have minifig and microfig scale for each category, and then
one single overall winner.

Sound good? Do I need more categories?

LMKWYT,

~Mark
At least one more category is needed: Movie inspired creations.

As I was building a personal transportation vehicle I came up with a problem:
This enging is just too cool to hide away inside a vehicle. As I continued
building, I realized that my creation would be best used a a podracer,
so...Movie inspired creations seems like a logical category. I'm certain that
I'm not the only one who will have this problem, either.

-Dave
http://surf.to/mtron
Home of the M-tron Commandos

Re: Space Contest!