 Space / 21147
Re: Ghato Heavy Cargo Ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:19:06 GMT

"Curt" <CommanderCurt@msn.com> wrote in message
news:H9rH4B.9KI@lugnet.com...
Hi all,
The latest addition to Starforce, the Ghato Heavy Cargo Ship, can be found • here:

http://www.commandercurt.net/UnitedLFWEB/Ghato_heavy_cargo_ship.

Information:
The Ghato Heavy Cargo Ship is Starforce's main cargo-transportation
workhorse. It was designed to carry large quantities of medium-sized cargo
containers. It is not armed, but it usually travels with a fighter escort.
Since the Ghato is very heavy, it requires a special landing field • equipped
with long-range tractor beams to assist with landing. The Ghatos travels
with a crew of two, and is highly automated. In addition to the organic
crew, there are a few androids.

BTW, this ship is the longest I've ever built, at 80 studs long.

LMKWYT!

You use this black, dark gray, gray, blue color scheme quite a bit.  I would
even say too much.  As a challenge I would try not to use any black in your
next MOC.

As for the shape of this it honestly doesn't do anything for me.  It
*really* needs something unique.  One big fin on the bottom, or a long boom
off to the left.  When building try to push yourself.  After you've settled
on the look of something see what else you can do to make it more original.

I *do* like what you're going for in the front, I just think that it's
basically a box behind that.  Not that a box is always bad, but it seems
very hard to pull off a box shape and make it look attractive.

[ j o n ]