 Space / 18990
Re: Lame Parts II - Let the building begin.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Michael Dallaston writes:

Football - obviously not even a master Lamepartist can get one of these to
clutch onto another brick.  Is it allowed to sit freely in the model
somewhere (in an entirely relevant and non-ad hoc way, of course), or is the
dreaded blu-tack allowed?

I've never actually seen a lego football in the 'flesh', so I'm not even
sure how big it is. Is it a standard no. of bricks in diameter? If so you
should be able to clamp it somehow with Lego only. But I don't necessarily
object to blue tak. Let your conscience be your guide, but I'll be all the
more impressed if you can find a Lego only solution. And remember, Michael,
the footbal was your sugestion. :^)

Sail - is this neccesarily a cloth sail for a pirate ship, or can any
element that has been used to represent a sail in an officail model be used.
Specifically I am wondering about the one in the 6734 Beach cruisers set:

Well, I had pirate ship sails in mind at the time, but since I didn't
specify that I guess anything that is called a 'sail', including the one you
mention, qualifies.

And lastly, can someone give me a set no for the new blue tub or reference
for this alleged 'stupid white picket fence'?  I don't know what this refers
to (though I probably don't have one).

I don't know about the new blue tubs, I don't think they've reached
Australia yet. However these fences are in a few Creator sets, according to
Peeron.  Namely 4120 (6), 4116 (2) and 4172 (1). The part no is 33303.
Unfortuantely there's no picture, but Kevin Wilson posted a link to one of
his models that uses them. see
http://www.akasa.ca/vlc/VLCChilliwackShow/vlccw133.html

Cheers,
Allister