 Space / 19054
Re: Lame Parts II - Let the building begin.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 02:06:39 GMT

Hey all,

Here is my entry for the Lame parts contest.  As always comments and
critiques are always welcome.

The following is a top secret report on the incrediblely lame pirate ship,
the Galaxy Offender:

It was originally designed for research and exploration but was stolen by
lame space pirates some time ago.  They thoroughly enjoy the effeciancy of
this craft.  It is run on solar power.  The radiation from the stars is
collected via the brick seperaters...I mean the solar panels on the top of
the ship.

As a side note, the pirates installed a colorful curtain (also called a
sail) over the top hatch to protect them from radiation burns; as the solar
panels glow quite hot when they fly close to a star.

The radiation is fed into the battery (also know as a throwbot disc) via the
rope bridge/fuel lines.

The radiation is converted through a variety of means into rocket fuel.  The
unusual nature of this fuel creates an odd carmelization around the thruster
port/western tree stump.  It needs scraped off from time to time.

The landing skids/row boats are specially designed for a wide assortment of
landing sites, from liquid type landing areas to rocky surfaces.

There are three sensor arrays on this ship as well.  The rear sensors are
housed in a cylinder type device (technic piston head) immediately above the
thruster port.

The starboard and port sensor arrays (also known as soccer/footballs) are
positioned just forward of the port and starboard viewing windows.

The front gripper claw (throwbot arm) was originally designed for collecting
scientific samples but the pirates use it to acquire rare artifacts for
resale on the black market.  In these top secret photos the pirates have
captures a specimen of the extremely rare interstellar space bat/manta ray.
They are planning to make wallets out of it and sell them via the black
market, a highly illegal enterprise.

This concludes the report on the infamous lame ship, the Galaxy Offender.

I apologize for linking to the same picture several times but I wanted to
point out different items in each section.  Thank you for you patience.  Let
me know what you think!

Build On,
Josh