 Robotics / RCX / 2202
Re: Multiplexing 4 touch sensors on an RCX input port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:03:39 GMT

"Steve Hassenplug" <Hassenplug@mail.com> wrote:
[snip]
The biggest problem will be that the standard touch sensors may not be 100% on
when you press it.  This means the sensor itself can provide some resistance,
depending on how hard you press it.

You can test this by hooking up a touch sensor (configured to display raw
values) and softly press it.  You'll notice, the harder you press it (to a
point) the more the number changes.  (I forget if they go up or down, using the
standard software/firmware).  Then, as you release the button (VERY slowly) you
see the numbers change, again.

This has always annoyed me about the Lego touch sensors. Has anyone
ever made or seen a contraption that uses the variable pressure
sensitivity of the Lego touch sensors?

Tim