 Robotics / RCX / 2203
2202  |  2204
Subject:
Touch Sensor resistance versus button displacement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:19:55 GMT

Here is a chart showing the variation of contact resistance of several touch sensors while pressing button very progressively.

  1. There are huge differences between various sensor
  2. Lightly pressed touch sensors have contact resistance in the 2 to 5 KOhms range.
  3. Fully depressed resistance varies (for the samples I measured) between 400 and 560 Ohms
Photographs of the test contraption: Top view Touch sensor close-up

Philo