 Robotics / NXT / 402
401  |  403
Subject:
This is the cancer that is killing Lugnet (Was Re: Apology)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:18:05 GMT

OK, so from what I can gather:

1) Someone asks a question.

2) Steve tells her to make a chart.

3) John knocks out a brownie-points program comparison chart in about ten minutes.

4) Steve, having intended to follow his own advice, loses his shit and accuses John of stealing, then copypastas the same text into another thread.

5) John denies it.

6) Steve ignores this and announces his brownie-points chart in the same thread, mentioning he Worked Several Days on it and Intends to Update.

7) John admits that he looked at Steve’s chart before making his, revealing he only did it because he thought Steve was doing it wrong.

8) John issues a public apology for stealing Steve’s thunder.

9) Steve, having gotten his way, tosses up a bunch of disingenuous PC chaff about it being Just A Toy.

10) The forum immediately loses interest, opting instead to dither about whether Canadians can be called Americans.

Lessons learned? John thinks timeliness and accuracy are more important than who gets the credit, and Steve is incredibly petty about things that don’t matter. Though that’s not to say other people didn’t drop the ball. Where’s a level-headed robotics guy to stop you guys from embarrassing yourselves? Where’s JLUG to mock this relentlessly? This is the result of years of unchecked ego clashes and drama-hounding: Lugnet is a wasteland, and everyone has their own private forums. Enjoy your argument.