 Robotics / NXT / 403
Re: This is the cancer that is killing Lugnet (Was Re: Apology)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:30:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Kevin Heckel wrote:
OK, so from what I can gather:

1) Someone asks a <http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=2838 question>.

2) Steve tells her to make a <http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=2840
chart>.

3) John knocks out a brownie-points
<http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=2841 program comparison chart> in
about ten minutes

...//snip...

...snip//

Lugnet is a wasteland, and everyone
has their own private forums.

In fact, the whole Internet is a wasteland !! Anybody can do anything there!!

For me LUGNET/robotics is an excellent forum. I participate for several years
now and I must appreciate the contributions of many brilliant people. And I also
appreciate that newbees or top-skilled fellows ask questions. Because, sombody
said that there are no bad questions, but only bad answers.

John, I remember that we had some discussions long ago. This is a good thing,
because in some controversy often new ideas are generated. Honestly, your work
must be considered with respect. So does Steve's. I often found that people who
are working on the same thing may have almost the same ideas. And starting a
discussion who borrowed from the other ... in fact is part of many scientific
debats. But, this here is not a scientific discussion, we are not talking about
a discovery or a cool NXT invention, we are loosing LUGNET-space for a
comparative list. I would like to ask for participating in my "another
comparison" thread challenge, to compare the performences in ultimative tasks of
different environments and firmware types. This would be more fruitful.

Btw, I live in a non-American country, one of the smallest in the world:
Luxembourg... and we love discussions.

I think this should close the credits issue and the forum can go back to NXT or
RCX robots. Kevin, this is your first contribution here. Do you have a link, so
that we may see, what you realized in LEGO robotics so far?