 Robotics / 26226
Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:09:39 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Steve Hassenplug wrote:

By design, all the balls go in one end of the GBC, and come out the
other.  For the "throughput zones" to work, there must be a way to
get some balls from the middle of the GBC, around the slower modules,
and to the end.

What about a 'splitter' with two outputs (nominally 0.5 bps/output) and a
'joiner' for combining the two streams later on?

Another thing we might try is to implement this splitter at the junction of the
throughput zones to catch any ball overflow from the leaky bucket module.  Then
this shunted ball flow could be loaded onto several train cars and haulled
around the track to the high zone side.

Another idea I thought of was that last year's BF contraption probably wasn't
running at full capacity due to the slower/problem modules.  This would reduce
the frequency of hopper overflow in this scenario.  However we do it, we need a
plan for ball flow regulation, and I have a couple more ideas than this.  Does
anyone else?

Dave H.