 Robotics / 26162
Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:00:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jordan Bradford wrote:

You can test, test, and test some more, but it's only when you take a module to
an event like Brickfest that you'll be able to see how it performs at a large
scale (i.e. almost continous operation with tens of thousands of balls).

Agreed.  That's why I think that testing is one thing, but situational testing
is something else.

Over the last week, I have run nearly 25000 balls through my latest experiment.
I think the trick is to set things up to feed themselves, eventhough that takes
more space and more parts and more time.  Then let them run, run, run.

But the results have got to be worth it; just this morning I found a new place
for a jam, one that will need to be addressed!  It's rate?  Approximately 1 in
25000, but I think I can eliminate it, so that's one less thing to worry about!

Rafe