 Robotics / 24841
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 02:36:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote:

Sure, but that's only a benefit if you're attaching it direct to shatever needs
the high torque. If you need some kind of transmission (which will probably be
often with such big motors) the advantage is lost.

This is, of course, true. However, I would point out the general construction of
rear engined race cars typically include the transmission and engine as a single
unit which also forms part of the vehicle structure. With the apparent
improvement in the available attachment points as seen in the pictures, the new
motor may also serve as the structural wheel attachment element.

JB