 Robotics / 24836
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 02:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Simon Bogaert wrote:

Also, with these new connectors, you cannot easily piggyback a second motor
off of the same output port, making it impossible to use two motors for the
same purpose; propulsion, for instance...  So I guess we all would like to
see some way to connect more than one motor to an output port, even if this
means you don't have monitoring.

If you look at the picture of the new motor, you may notice that the orange disk
with the cross axle hole in the center appears to be a single piece with four
pin holes in addition. This might give the impression that the available torque
may be high enough to endanger the integrity of a single cross axle if it were
the only torque transfer structure.

Sure, but that's only a benefit if you're attaching it direct to shatever needs
the high torque. If you need some kind of transmission (which will probably be
often with such big motors) the advantage is lost.

ROSCO