 Robotics / 24519
Re: Pinball INFO - passed on from builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:53:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi ALL,

During LEGOWORLD 2005, we (Gerrit Bronsveld and Martijn Boogaarts) have shown a
-real-live-size- Pinball machine.
Unfortunately, were not all of you able to visit the Netherlands in order to see
the machine, and play it.
On http://www.pinballnews.com/news/lego.html  an article is posted with all the
interesting features of the machine.

Some minor LEGO facts that I can add to the article:
- Even the tilt of the table was done by using LEGO DUPLO bricks.
- The coin detection mechanism is tilted in 2 opposite directions compared to
the machine itself to make sure we detect the right coins.
- There was actually one input port short so we could not detect when to close
the gate in the shooting lane, even though we had a gate with motor inside this
lane.
- If you look close in the communication chamber we used the part
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30208 30208 Cylinder 4 x 4 Hemisphere
Multifaceted to reflect the IR light to all the RCX units.
- All the 13 RCX units have their own program.

As a builder I must say that this machine once more has proven that the power of
LEGO and LEGO MINDSTORMS, is in your mind, if you can think about it you can
create it. We have (once more) gone to the technical limitation and beyond.

Stay tuned for our next stunning project !

Martyn Boogaarts