 Robotics / 24520
Re: Pinball INFO - passed on from builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:20:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Martijn Boogaarts wrote:

During LEGOWORLD 2005, we (Gerrit Bronsveld and Martijn
Boogaarts) have shown a -real-live-size- Pinball machine.

   And it is really impressive! Wonderful job, and a very nice write-up. A few
questions:

- If you look close in the communication chamber we used the part
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30208 30208 Cylinder 4 x 4 Hemisphere
Multifaceted to reflect the IR light to all the RCX units.

   Neat solution. I was wondering how you networked between the two IR
communication chambers (the article is a little vague, refering to a "direct
feedback loop" which could be anything). Also, as the point collector
communicated with five other RCXs, how did you keep from loosing message in this
chamber?

   Also, the article mentioned that "So it was a real challenge to come up with
a system to guarantee that the display and the 'internal' points are equal." How
did you end up doing that?

   Again, your creation is a very wonderful application - I'm sure it was
wonderful seeing the faces of all (kids & adults) as they saw this.

--
Brian Davis