 Events / LEGO World / 82

Subject:
Pinball INFO - passed on from builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:05:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

After an email exchange with Gerrit Bronsveld from the Netherlands, and due to
the fact that he doesnt have a Lugnet account, he passed on the info to share,
and has told me that he has taken many photos and will be posting them to
Brickshelf (under the name - geobot) in the next few days... Keep your eyes
open.

For now... this is what he shared with me......

----start----

Here are some facts....
13 RCX units that communicatie all togethers (in 2 communication chambers)each
has a seperate program.

Games played: so far more than 400 children played a game at LegoWorld
2005(without any real malfunction)
High score so far:  3640

Build Time: +300 hours
Number of parts: +20,000 bricks
Weight: 30 Kg
Design & Idea by: Gerrit Bronsveld

Build by: Gerrit Bronsveld and Martijn Boogaarts

Program: NQC (by Gerrit Bronsveld, +100 pages A4), multi state, multi
tasking, asynchonous communication techniques

Lego: 99,99% (except for ball, some alu-paper in the communcation
chambers
and the paper for the display rolls)

Smarties

  a.. Removable RCX-computers for fast battery replacement
  b.. Asynchrone points display Display (display is much slower then points are
collected, but its always correct)
  c.. 2 IR (infra rood) communication chambers
  d.. Chamber A: 1 RCX (GC Game Controller) talks with 6 other RCX
units
(Display, Flippers, New Ball, PINBALL)
  e.. Chamber B: 1 RCX (PC Point Collector) talks with 5 other RCX
units(Gates, Bumpers and Targets)
  f.. Communicatie between the 2 chambers via Rotation Sensors
  g.. Tilt Switch (simple but effective)
  h.. Flipper protection, abuse of the flippers is punished by
temperarally
blocking the flippers
  i.. Real working Coin-In mechanismn. Wrong coins are rejected.

Features

  a.. Grand-Slam upper level (lits P I N B A LL)
  b.. Top Gate (3 lanes)  (1 point each, 10 points for all 3)
  c.. Touch sensitive rotation bumbers (1 point each, 10 points for all 3)
  d.. Bottom Gates (3 lanes) (1 point each, 10 points for all 3)
  e.. 3 Drop Down Targets (10 points each, 50 for all 3)
  f.. 3 Hit targets (10 points each, 50 for all three)
  g.. Kicker Door (gives 10 points)
  h.. 1 Exit Gate with Switch (when special is lit, extra ball+100 points)
  i.. Kick Back function (10 Points)

  a.. Demo mode (everything starts blinking)
  b.. SPECIAL Mode (red Lamp, gives 100 points)
  c.. Extra Ball function
  d.. Points Display 0 to 99999 (is always correct)
  e.. Tilt Switch
  f.. Collection P I N B A LL letters (gives special)
  g.. Black Hole (opens and closes automatic for Special Mode and Extra Ball)
  h.. High-Score function
  i.. Coin Insert function

Used Electrische parts

Quantity - Element - Fucntion (s)

13 - RCX computers
GC Game Controller
PC Points Collector
Kick Back Detection
NB New Ball
DA Points Display: 1-Rol, 10-Rol, 100-Rol
DB Points Display: 1-Rol, 10-Rol, 100-Rol
FP Flippers: Grand slam Detection, Flippers
DT DropTarget
HT Hit Target
TG Top Gates
BG Bottom Gates
RB Rotatie Bumpers
PX Pinball display PIN
PY Pinball display BALL

9 - Light Sensor
1 in Coin-in Detect
1 in Hole Ball Detect
1 in Auto Kickback
6 in Grand Slam

13 Rotation Sensor
3 in Rotation Bumpers
6 in Display Rolls
4 in communication

18 Touch Sensor
4 in Tilt switch
7 in Gates
6 in Display Rolls
1 in ball out detect

24 Motors
1 in New Ball motor
1 in Drop Hole
3 in Drop Targets
3 in Rotatie Bumpers
6 in Punten Display
2 in Communication
6 in Flipper (2 per flipper)
1 in Auto Kickback
1 Micro motor at shooter door

4 Train Transformators

10 Net adaptors

50+ Lamps
2 in Hole
3 in Info scherm
7 in Gates
3 in Hit Target
1 in Ball Out detect
34 in PINBALL display (schakelbaar in 6 groepen)

150 Wires - more then 100 meter

2 Rotation LEDS - points communicator
with 9V adapter

----end----

Wow, I'm just tired thinking about it, what a creation!
Janey "Red Brick"
c/o the Pinball Wizards

Re: Pinball INFO - passed on from builder
In lugnet.events.legoworld, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
After an email exchange with Gerrit Bronsveld from the Netherlands, and due to
the fact that he doesnt have a Lugnet account, he passed on the info to share,
and has told me that he has taken many photos and will be posting them to
Brickshelf (under the name - geobot) in the next few days... Keep your eyes
open.

I had the chance to see it in person at LW2005, with a demonstration of all its
features by Gerrit. That's a true masterpiece, with all the bells and whistles
of a real pinball game. A glimpse on it:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1447916 (and following images)

Philo

Re: Pinball INFO - passed on from builder