 Robotics / 24540
Re: Pinball INFO - passed on from builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:38:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Martijn Boogaarts wrote:

I was wondering how you networked between the
two IR communication chambers (the article is
a little vague, refering to a "direct feedback
loop" which could be anything).

not sure what you mean... this RCX uses a
motor-rotation sensor-rotation sensor construction
to transmit the points to the newball RCX. this
one also has a Motor-rotoation-rotation construction
to feedback the counted points.

   You answered my question very clearly, thank you. This sounds like a nice
feedback system using the rotation sensors, and could be used to signal a lot of
things. Do you use a single axle connecting two rotation sensors where the axle
can be turned by either RCX (this would require two motors and two rotation
sensors), or does each RCX have a dedicated output system and a seperate
dedicated input system (this would seem to require two motors and four rotation
sensors).
have a look at the following deep link;
We used 2 motors 2 axles and 4 rotation sensors:
one set for signals towards the newball RCX and one back towards the Points
Collector RCX.

   I assume the RCX collecting the points would not have trouble with
simultaneous IR messages because only one "scoring event" would happen at any
one time (the ball could only hit at most one target or scoring device at a
time). Did the point collecting RCX need to identify where (which RCX) the
points were coming from?

Right only one IR message at a time.
there is no indication where the points came from, since this is not nessary
information.

(I plan to create a little movie  so you can see it as well :)

Fantastic - I look forward to seeing it!

I did not have the time yet to make a nice movie please have some more pacient.
in the mean time look at this:

and the main, pinball link (maybe not yet working)

Martyn