 Robotics / 24511
Re: High Failure Rate of New Type 9V Geared Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:31:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Chio Siong Soh wrote:

Its performance is degraded compared to the earlier motor (#71427). The only advantage seems to be its lighter weight.

I’m guessing it may also be cheaper / easier to manufacture.

ROSCO

I burned out two of these motors in a high-torque situation (my Great Ball Contraption module prototype) which I posted about here and here.

I don’t like them for their friction, their louder sound, and that they “feel” cheaper than the originals (weight, mostly).