 Robotics / 24494
Re: High Failure Rate of New Type 9V Geared Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:29:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chio Siong Soh wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Nathan Bell wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Chio Siong Soh wrote:
Bad tidings! I'm experiencing a rather high failure rate with the new type 9V
geared motor (#43362). This motor has been discussed before
(http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=19204&t=i&v=a)

I had the same problem with one of mine. Using them in a fast RC car might do
this if it gets slammed into something.  I will inform Nathanael Kuipers of the
problem since he works at TLC and can tell the proper person.

Thanks!
No, these motors were only used for FLL type challenges, not in fast RC cars.

I can submit the bad motors for *CSI* and 'autopsy' if need be.

C S Soh

I sent Nathanael Kuipers an email regarding the motors and asked him to forward
it to the proper person.

Do you think it is excessive torque, excessive use, or just a bad piece design
that causes this problem?

Nathan