 Robotics / 23273
  Re: The Great Ball Contraption

Do you have any better photos (particularly a top-down view) of that particular module? I don't quite understand how his module managed to fling the ball out instead of pushing or dropping it. I'd also like to see more photos of the individual (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption

(...) As I recall (I was not present, but talked with Steve about it) that module had problems with jamming - I think what you see in the video is a single ball partially jamming the mechanism and being kicked out hard. That particular module used (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:IA02Dv.1DH7@lugnet.com... (...) Hmm I must have missed that list post. I am kind of working on a contraption, but it's main aim is to sort LEGO bricks, which are a lot less likely to slide than (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption

(...) The list is on Steve's GBC page, below the Type I standard - just scroll down. (19 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote: (snip) (...) (snip) (...) Another awesome source which you may want to link the main page to is: (URL) While not in English, it does contain animations of nearly every idea on the list. Wow! You can get a rough (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption

(...) Thank you! I found this page ages ago when trying to find an easy way to build a step feeder (I've wanted to build one ever since a certain Playful Penguin thread in rtlToronto), and it inspired me to start a list, but I couldn't relocate it! (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)