 Robotics / 20705
Re: Wheels, Tyres and Tractions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 09:55:23 GMT

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message
news:HEq6un.1xC2@lugnet.com...

You will find here:
http://www.philohome.com/traction/traction.htm
the results of a few experiments on pulling power of different Lego® • wheels
and tracks.

Fascinating! I wonder if the tracks of both types would perform better if
they had a series of idlers placed along the bottom of them to keep more of
the track in good contact with the ground, in the same way as real
excavators, tanks etc do? From my entirely subjective point of view, I think
this might serve to increase traction. Of  course it may just be the
equivalent of adding more wheels as stated in your experiment, in which case
you gain little or nothing.

Jennifer