 Robotics / 20636
Re: how can I get "manual" input into my RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:56:30 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Stephen Edwards) wrote:

Darin Johnson wrote:

You don't even need a rotation sensor.  You could turn a dial, and
for each position a touch sensor is pushed.

That's a clever idea.  For those who don't want to build such a
device, you can get away with even less: two buttons (i.e., two touch
sensors).

You can model the interface after the cascading menus that many
electronic devices have.  Basically, one button is a "next" button
that is used to cycle through a list of choices.  The second buttom
is an "enter" button to select a choice.

It works with a single touch sensor as well: use single clicks for the
"next" function, and double clicks to mean "enter". The method is
described in my book too, when talking about the Chess Visual Interface.

Ciao
Mario