 Robotics / 20576
RE: how can I get "manual" input into my RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:31:20 GMT

With 3 touch sensors = 3 "bits" = 1+7 possible states/combinations

000 = none pressed
001 = 1 pressed
010 = 2 pressed
011 = 1+2 pressed
100 = 3 pressed
101 = 1+3 pressed
110 = 2+3 pressed
111 = 1+2+3 pressed

or you can use a rotation/angle sensor as a dial (to choose the action) and
a touch sensor as the OK or ENTER "button".  ...or you mimic the old
telephone dials, where you reach the number/action you want and the ENTER is
done by returning the dial to 0(zero)/no action.

mc.