 Robotics / 19221
Re: something i said?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Mike Fusion wrote:

crossposted to lugnet. technic

just wondering if i did anything wrong, i posed a problem a while back and
haven't gotten any responses....

You've done nothing wrong as far as I know.

Sometimes you just don't get a response and that goes for everybodey (except
perhaps Jennifer who gets like a zillion :)).

but anyways, there is an update to my website:
http://odin.prohosting.com/mrplanet

I dunno about the rest but my initial reaction when I wisit that page is
that it's taken down for mantianance, until I scroll down. Perhaps some
ppl. just wont scroll?

you will find a new page that has a new differential which has been made
thinner and with a lot less gear lash.

by using the 12t bevel gearsface to face i found a nice tight gearing with
a direct change in rotation. and if you use this in a frame (like we
always do) you can decrease the width by exactly 1 stud making it a nice 6
studs wide.

Lazy as I am, how well does that work? It's an interesting use of the bevel
gears...

Regards,
/Tobbe http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/

well, you have to mess with the tension for a little while to get the proper
"feel" of a diff. pretty much i imagine this to be used in larger vehicles
that need a more sturdy diff.  looking back at the pics i think that i have
to re-do the *.dat. now that i have had a chance to look again. i think that
i just don't have the proper placement of width because i'm lazy and put the
snap to coarse so the axels will look like they are going through the 8t
gears but really they aren't.

any q's?

m.