 Robotics / 19179
  something i said?

crossposted to lugnet. technic just wondering if i did anything wrong, i posed a problem a while back and haven't gotten any responses.... but anyways, there is an update to my website: (URL) will find a new page that has a new differential which (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

okay, i fixed a problem with semantics on the first part of the main page. the link to the new diff has been fixed so look, build, enjoy. m. p.s. sorry about the top posting, but it was my original message :) "Mike Fusion" <mikefusion@hotmail.com> (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

Nice work. I think you forgot to relocate the axles when you changed to the bevel gears. The way it's drawn the 5L axles penetrate the teeth of the 16-tooth gears and the bevel gears intrude on the adjacent axles. (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

(...) Nice one, Mike! I've added it to the gears page: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

(...) You've done nothing wrong as far as I know. Sometimes you just don't get a response and that goes for everybodey (except perhaps Jennifer who gets like a zillion :)). (...) that it's taken down for mantianance, until I scroll down. Perhaps (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

(...) "feel" of a diff. pretty much i imagine this to be used in larger vehicles that need a more sturdy diff. looking back at the pics i think that i have to re-do the *.dat. now that i have had a chance to look again. i think that i just don't (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Thinner Diff (was: something i said?)

(...) After playing with your designs for a bit, I decided to see if I could make it any thinner. I did, but it's a compromise: compared to your thindiff, I suspect mine is looser, less sturdy, and more prone to binding. It is, however, only 5 studs (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

"Mike Fusion" <mikefusion@hotmail.com> wrote in news:H3y1zr.77x@lugnet.com: (...) Ooh ooh ooh! I wonder if this was based on my idea from last year. I created this Nov 2001 to help someone out. (URL) so, that's cool that it's being further (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

Finally i can give credit where credit is due. I remember seeing the pics but checking my directory i didn't find a the original names so i couldn't remember who you were. anyways, proper credit will be given in the next day. regards, m. "Rick S" (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Thinner Diff (was: something i said?)

you could make that one stud thinner by placing it within a framework. now i have something else to work on... i did recently make on from a 24t gear but it rotates around one of the four holes off axis and is really only good for use in a sensor (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

"Mike Fusion" <mikefusion@hotmail.com> wrote in news:H4B03D.6B5@lugnet.com: (...) LOL, not really neccessary, but appreciated. Thanks. (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)