 Robotics / 14877
  Re: I wish Lego made an "Anti-Backlash Gear"

The CD-Rom does not explaiin how to use this piece, but in an earlier post I wrote: Ok, this is called a "Slip Gear" or "Torque Gear" It is used to prevent over rotation by means of an internal clutch, the 2.5 - 5.0 NCM I belive means the range of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I wish Lego made an "Anti-Backlash Gear"

(...) (I think we established that this is Newton centimeters - a force of between two and a half and five Newtons applied at a distance of one centimeter will cause the gear to slip...or half that at 2cm, a third at 3cm and so on). (...) That's (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I wish Lego made an "Anti-Backlash Gear"

(...) Hmm interesting. I only have one clutch gear (the one that came with RIS 1.5), and it is too *loose* to really be at all functional. I've also read that the clutch force tends to drop in them the more they are used. (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I wish Lego made an "Anti-Backlash Gear"

Oh , right , Newtons , I was saying Nano centameters! thanks....I guess you need a fair amount of gearing and distance to use these gears effectivly along with opposing resistance, I love the way it works in the hand I developed, infact in included (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I wish Lego made an "Anti-Backlash Gear"

Yes they do lose a little, I guess we always knew that would be the case, I hate to see you not use the gear if it's to loose, reurn it for a new one if you decide somthing really needs it. Also I consider this gear a "back-up" in preventing (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

"Eric Sophie" <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message news:GB91vJ.21x@lugnet.com... (...) over (...) Ncm. (...) Newtons x cm. Not nano. :) Iain (the metric pissant) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)