 Publishing / Brick Journal / 6
  Re: A new project...

(...) Awesome! Stupendous! Bravo! Really nice job. I've downloaded the first issue and gotten 20 pages into it, and it's hard to put it down (though I really do need to be working at the moment!). My only regret is that it's just a PDF -- I can't (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) This is my question too - altho slightly different. When will subscriptions be available? How much will they be? How can I sign up? Awesome stuff Joe and team - Bravo! This is something the community could really use and I'm impressed that you (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) Agreed! I want something to carry around and read whenever. Excellent work, team! What I imagined when a little birdie told me it was in the works and much more. Yippie hurray! You should work on the picture quality, though. You need to get (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) Throw in another me too on publishing it in hard copy. I like how it is not just USA centered either. Great job!!! Jude (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) I suspect during PDF export they were crunched to save file space. For those of us hosting mirrors this is a good thing! :) I'm sure the print version is much clearer. Calum (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) Calum is indeed correct. We built the magazine using professional printing software (Adobe InDesign) at a full 300dpi for 8.5 x 11. Needless to say, that download is over 100 Mb. As for all the other comments here, thank you so much. We are (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) I agree with the several people who have expressed an interest for a printed copy of Brick Journal. I'm more than willing to pay for a subscription that would come in the mail. Oh yeah, thanks for including my picture in the first issue. (I'm (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) Awesome stuff! One suggestion, coming from someone who works in a copy center. I think this would be better if it were formatted for 8-1/2x11 paper instead of 11x17 paper. This would make printing out a copy a lot easier. Russell BayLUG/BayLTC (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) I'm a me-too-er on the issue of print as well. I have a slow connection, plus don't always check more than my email when online. (It's a fluke I saw this thread.) If it came mailed in print form, I'd be less likely to miss it. But I'm posting (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

John, In regards to your question about the previous ideas of doing a Lego magazine..Yes, this is not a new idea. It has been discussed before in various ways, but sadly until now none have come to fruition. It should be noted for the record that (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) Hendo, that was the infamous "Bricks Magazine" or something like that. That was sometime around Dec 2002-Feb 2003, organized by someone who has completely dropped off Lugnet. Rumors abound, and likewise, nobody got their money back. The goal (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) Hi David, You're welcome :-) One of the things that's in the masthead is community..and that picture showed the community! As for printed copies, patience, young Skywalker....the staff is looking at options and will be making some plans and (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

(...) Lenny, The staff of BrickJournal is reviewing options for printing and subscriptions. Right now, we are in the researching stage (to be honest, I wasn't expecting to address this so soon), so I can't give you a good answer. Once we determine (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: A new project...

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Jude Beaudin wrote: (snip) (...) Thanks - I've made comments about publishing on other posts, so I'll just go straight to the next comment :-) One of the goals that I want to meet with BrickJournal is to make everyone (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)