 Publishing / Brick Journal / 226

Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:17:20 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Joe Meno wrote:

BrickJournal 9 is now available for downloading through its publisher, TwoMorrows. It’s 148 pages of reports and instructions, with event reports of 1000steine-Land, Brickworld, and LEGOFest. There’s also interviews with a couple of Star Wars builders and a Star Wars LEGO designer!

A few thoughts:

First of all, I’m disappointed that greed has gotten the better of you. Issue one to eight was released free of charge, and should stay free.

Secondly, I don’t really mind paying for the following issues. That is to say, a few dollars for the pdf-version is ok, 32 dollars + 36 dollars shipping for the printed version is way too much.

Thirdly, and most importantly, there’s nothing trustworthy about the site. I get certificate errors causing IE to block parts of the site and I simply can’t understand why you need my address and phone number before letting me download a free preview of issue nine. And worse of all, I can’t even download it after entering those details. I’m certainly not entering my credit card details into that system…

Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!