 Publishing / Brick Journal / 226
  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) A few thoughts: First of all, I'm disappointed that greed has gotten the better of you. Issue one to eight was released free of charge, and should stay free. Secondly, I don't really mind paying for the following issues. That is to say, a few (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) I'm sorry I disappointed you, although I can pretty much say the comment on greed is a pretty cheap shot. (...) That's actually 34 dollars, and I agree it IS high. And I am working on some solutions. (...) I don't have certificate problems, (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) I have done volunteer work for quite a few things myself and my motivation is because I like to do things. Money does tend to corrupt. However, money is also a resource that makes many things happen. Like printing. And yes I am looking at (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) When I look at the transition of BrickJournal from free to pay I always try to keep in mind the disaster of Bricks magazine. In order to get to the point of a printed magazine (1) Joe had no choice but to start off free. He had to get people (...) (17 years ago, 18-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) **cut** (...) **cut** Thank you Allan, I don't think too many could put it better than that! I totally agree with your statement, it is the side of the story as I see it too. All good intentions! For others, I am only the European side, and we (...) (17 years ago, 18-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

"Joe Meno" <jmenomeno@aol.com> wrote in message news:Jq22zo.Mo1@lugnet.com... (...) Greed is a strong word (perhaps too strong in this case), but I'm not sure what other word I can use. I've been doing volunteer work for several clubs / (...) (17 years ago, 18-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) But will it work now that people have to pay for it? Are people willing to pay for it? Time will tell... (...) I hadn’t, assuming that they would stay free. Thankfully, a friend had downloaded them. Having to pay for the old issues are (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) Why wouldn't you just give the book away for free? (...) I'm pretty sure that "people not working for free" has been a constant through out time, not just now days. I know that my boss would love it if I worked for free but my mortgage company (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(...) I just knew that someone would ask that. Well, it’s because... (...) ...there’s working for free and there’s working for free. The big difference is that going to work isn’t volunteer work. I go to work because I need the money. Otherwise I (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal)