 Publishing / 4783
Re: MOCpages is back online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:40:55 GMT

In lugnet.announce.mocpages, Sean Kenney wrote:
   Hello everyone...

MOCpages is back online as of this afternoon (01-Aug 2005). I feel terrible about the horrendous downtime. I’m sorry I haven’t replied to anyone’s messages asking what was going on -- I literally have been out of the country (and without much computer access) for over 3 months.

Sniped

1) MOCpages needs a dedicated server. I have already begun pricing and estimates at a new facility and for a new server, but it will require at least $500 up front, which I’m not sure I can afford to spend out-of-pocket. I was considering having a fund-raiser, much like Peeron’s successful $2000 drive late last year. What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

2) The MOCpages database needs to be optimized for high-traffic. I’d like to ask for help from the general community for this... are there any database folks out there that wouldn’t mind helping me out a bit? Perhaps just some advice would be in order.

Thanks, Sean - - - MOCpages Administrator sean@mocpages.com

I can’t help with programing, but I think a fund raiser is a good idea. I’ll keep an eye out for an anouncement with paypal address.

Mat