 Publishing / 4782
4781  |  4783
Subject:
Scanning HOWTO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:29:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Seeing that many enthusiast scans of Lego instruction sheets on PICSL and
elsewhere on the Internet are sadly lacking in quality, I wrote this tutorial to
explain how to do it right, and why:

http://www.itn.liu.se/~stegu/lego/scanning-HOWTO.pdf

It is a bit long (4 pages), but it's not dead simple to do a good scan. I tried
my best to be brief but reasonably informative, to explain "why-to" and not only
"how-to". I have a job at a university teaching stuff like this, among other
subjects, so I simply could not make myself drop the explanatory stuff...

The PDF will be at the address above for the foreseeable future. It was written
yesterday and has not been read by anyone else than me yet, so I will be happy
to take comments, and update it on constructive criticism.

  Stefan G (#2407)