 Publishing / 3506
  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) Wow! Thanks! I am busily clearing Eric Sophie's whole tree as we speak. (had to start somewhere, why not there) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) It's harder than I thought! For people with deeply nested folder structure it is hard to tell what HAS and what has NOT been cleared yet. I found myself logging out to check then logging back in a lot... (this was with James Mathis, Eric I (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) Try running two browsers - e.g. one Netscape and one IE. Since they have separate cookie jars, you shouldn't need to log in and out. --Bill. (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) OOOH, good idea. I did not think of that. I guess I better go install NS then, do you have a recommendation for a good and stable and free version? Meanwhile the elves have been steadily improving the interface while I was working (I just (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) Boy, you guys are tough to please! You are right though, everyone, not just moderators should be able to tell that a subfolder is unmoderated. The right thing to do is have an "unmoderated" icon, but as a quick hack, unmoderated folders now (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) Cool. Now what happens to the ones that are off topic? Previously the off topic keyword seemed to just get added one more time each time you pressed it but the folder would (randomly) keep reappearing until you said it was safe Also what is (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) It used to do that, but now the Off Topic link also sets moderation level -1 (the same as Unsure) so it will disappear from the regular moderator page. (...) -5 is temporary while thumbnails are being generated -2 is Unsafe -1 is Unsure 0 is (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) That border line helps a LOT!!!! But is it recursive? That would be best, if there is one unmoderated folder in there somewhere, it's still "unsure" and you need to go drilling. (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) Don't you wish all software development was this efficient? It's even written in C. Kids, don't try this at home :) BTW, you are using Mozilla 1.1a right? Besides being a far superior browser to IE or NS it has a fortuitous bug where it (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) I'm actually using IE but I'll check out Mozilla... (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

I'd just like to say again that if you (Kevin) need more free, good, help you have four ready willing and able people here. -- Thanx~ Nicole (URL) Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:GyECpE.9oM@lugnet.com... (...) structure (...) with (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) unless there's an explicit header saying the cgi has expired (which i didn't check), I say mozilla is doing the Right Thing, while IE and NS don't. A GET CGI is supposed to give the same output when it's parameters are the same, so browsers (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) I use IE, and was quite surprised when that happened to me the first time (checking a folder and going back, just to find that another random folder appeared rather than the one I was exploring). Since then, I just open the questionable (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) Yes. A GET CGI is supposed to give the same output when it's (...) Where does it say that a GET request always returns the same content? a GET for a dynamic page is no different than a GET for a "static" page that might change at some point. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)

(...) wait - am I completely confused here? I thought we wanted the cgi output to NOT expire? so that "back" will show you the same page? (...) hmmm... : 13.9 Side Effects of GET and HEAD Unless the origin server explicitly prohibits the caching of (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish)